This had been a very exciting week for me! First off, my Etsy store launched last week! I still can’t believe that my dream is becoming a reality. I’ve had three sales so far, which I’m over the moon about. I hope that the lovely folks who purchased my yarn will love it as much as I do!
One thing that I’ve noticed is that there are many, MANY people out there, dyeing yarn and fiber. This revelation can make a person’s thinking sway one of two ways. You can become super competitive and bitter, wanting to covet the market and smash the other dyers. Or, you can promote yourself and your goods, and help other people along the way. I’m a huge fan of the second. I’ve joined several groups on Facebook and there are some really talented people out there!
Here is a list of some of my favorites this week!
- Maryanne, aka The Violet Valentine, is one of my oldest online knitting friends. We met via a Ravelry swap, where she made me a pair of socks. My first hand knitted gift ever, and I wore them until they had holes all over the toes and soles. Her Etsy shop currently features project bags and stitch markers, but she too is embarking on the dyeing adventure. And from what I’ve seen on Instagram, I can’t wait to see what she comes up with next!
- SpunRightRound, has some of the coolest roving that I’ve ever seen. I really want to order a braid when I thin down my fiber stash. I mean, neon, speckled – awesome color combos!
- Quaere, has some really cool mini-skein sets. There are earth tones, gradients, neon …. so many combinations! Mini-skeins are all the rage right now, and I love them because you can do so much with them. You can knit them with another color for a fun stripped shawl, or in a certain order for something more gradient.
- StacyBGraphicDesign, is the wonderful lady who made my shop logo for me! She was very helpful, not to mention professional. She made sure that I was happy with the final product, and didn’t mind my many questions along the way. If you need graphic design work, she’s the one for you!
- Woolgatherings is a shop that I’ve bought from in the past, and her roving is always a pleasure to spin. One of the cool things that she has in her shop right now is a breed sampler! Over 25 sheep breeds to sample, under $80! This is definitely on my wish list! Want more of a colorful spin? Try her Polwarth blends!
There are so many wonderful Indie dyers out there, and I think that it’s important to learn and help each other succeed. I don’t want to ever become the type of person who feels that her formulas are like state secrets, and isn’t willing to help someone just starting out the best way that I can.
What are you looking at this week, dear readers? Post a link in the comments!